As open source is found more and more in safety-critical applications, the need to evaluate open source software that meets safety standards has increased. The Safety-Critical Software Summit, sponsored by the ELISA Project, will take place on June 27-30 in Prague, Czech Republic and virtually. The event gathers safety experts and open source developers to enable and advance the use of open source in safety-critical applications.
If you are new to the ELISA Project, here is what you need to know. ELISA members are defining and maintaining a common set of elements, processes and tools that can be incorporated into specific Linux-based, safety-critical systems amenable to safety certification. ELISA is also working with certification authorities and standardization bodies in multiple industries to establish how Linux can be used as a component in safety-critical systems. This is the first ever Safety-Critical Software event under the Embedded Open Source Summit (EOSS).
Here is a glimpse to the Summit topics:
- Open Source Software Interaction with Safety Standards
- Best Practices to Work with Regulatory Authorities when using Open Source
- Best Practices for Security Updates to Safety-critical Systems
- Safety Engineering Applied to Open Source Projects
- Quality Assessments based on Data from Development
- Development of Technical Features with Safety Relevance
- Safety Analysis Approaches and Methodology to Apply to Systems
- Case Studies of Existing use of Linux in Safety-critical Domains
To attend, register for Embedded Open Source Summit. 1 registration gives you access to ALL events featured under the Embedded Open Source Summit umbrella. In-person and virtual registration are both available. Register here.
Together with the Embedded Open Source Summit, Safety-Critical Software Summit provides a foundation for collaboration between these embedded development communities. The format will include presentations, BoFs, training, workshops and min-confs designed for real time problem solving and deep discussion.
To get an overview of the event, such as the important dates and the topics that will be covered, click here.