Written by Shuah Khan, Chair of the ELISA Project Technical Steering Committee
Please join me in welcoming Jason Smith, Paul Albertella and Philipp Ahmann to the ELISA TSC. They have made significant contributions to the ELISA project and their addition will strengthen the TSC and help us continue to make progress with our mission.
A brief summary of their background and contributions are as follows:
Jason Smith, the Principal Engineer for Robotics and Control Systems Consumer Technology at UL LLC., has:
– Participated in ELISA since the launch of the project in 2019
– Contributed a Linux in Basic Safety White paper to the project
– Participates in the Medical Devices Working Group regularly
– Contributed the analysis of 62304 SOUP
– Speaks frequently at ELISA Workshops and is an ELISA ambassador
Paul Albertella, Consultant at Codethink, has:
– Participated in ELISA since the inception.
– Presented technical content at the last two ELISA workshops
– Contributes in the TSC and other working groups, where he’s been a constructive collaborator
– 20+ years of software engineering experience and understands the open source ecosystem challenges
Philipp Ahmann, a manager at ADIT (a joint venture of Robert Bosch GmbH and DENSO Corporation) has:
– Participated in ELISA since the start of the project
– Took the lead in helping the project to improve communication and set up our LinkedIn presence
– Volunteered to be an active ambassador on behalf of the project
– Participates in the TSC and other working groups, where he’s known to be a very constructive contributor with an excellent overview across all the different areas we’re working on
– Demonstrates a helpful attitude by being willing to step in and host meetings when the chair is not available
– He is able to actively listen, and helps bring focus to the key elements we need for the project
I look forward to collaborating more closely with all three of our new TSC members. As a reminder, all are welcome to join the bi-weekly public technical community meeting and to contribute your perspectives. You can find the meeting details and subscribe to the calendar here: https://lists.elisa.tech/g/devel/calendar.